Sunday, October 10, 2010

i know how much i don't know

Okay, so the way I've taught myself to knit pictures into my work? I think the term for it is Fair Isle knitting. I'm not really sure. Anyway, doing it that way leaves a bit of a bulky mess on the wrong side, and I don't like that. Mosaic Knitting by Barbara G. Walker (link) is apparently a highly reccomended book for this kind of thing, but... I'm always hesitant to spend lots of money on a book. Even used, the cheapest copy is $25 dollars... meh. I suppose I could consider it an investment?

Then again, apparently one of the local libraries has a copy. Hmm. I need to get a new library card anyway, so I suppose this is as good a reason as any to get it. If it's helpful enough, I'll get a copy.

Shopping list:
  • cable needle
  • circular needles
  • baby-weight yarn-- neighbor wants me to make a cap for her new baby! OH GOD THE PRESSURE
  • ummm... some bulky and super-bulky

No comments:

Post a Comment